D. of infrastructure planning
Directorate of Infrastructure Planning is part of the General Directorate of Strategic Planning in the Ministry of Planning. The Directorate is made of the following sections:
· Transportation and Communication Planning Section
· Energy and Mineral Planning Section
· Municipal Services Planning Section
· Housing and Reconstruction Planning Section
Mandate of the Directorate of Infrastructure Planning:
· Proposing policy papers and preparing infrastructure development plans in cooperation with the different sectors.
· Research and consultation on long and medium term transportation and communication development plans to identify weaknesses and strengths.
· Research and consultation on long and medium term housing and reconstruction development plans to identify weaknesses and strengths.
·Collecting data relevant to construction, housing, transportation, communication and services, in cooperation with the Kurdistan Regional Statistics Office.
· Supervision and monitoring the works of the staff in the Directorate of infrastructure.
· Directing the employees of the sections of the directorate.
· Organizing staff participation in training in accordance with their development needs.