The contractors classification
· A decision by the council of ministers establishes the Committee of registration, classification and grading of contractors in the Region. The Committee is headed by a high official appointed by the Minister of Planning and its members are.
Organizational Structure of Classification Committee
· Head of the Committee: high official appointed by the MoP.
· Representative of the MoP with grade no lower than D.G.
· D.G of Company Registration in the Ministry of Trade.
· Representative of the Ministry of Finance with grade no lower than D.G.
· Representative of the Construction and Housing with grade no lower than D.G.
· Representative of the Ministry of Municipalities with grade no lower than D.G.
· Representative of Contractors
· Director of Classification in the MoP is the Rapporteur of the Committee in accordance with Article 8, section 2.
Role and Responsibilities of the Committee
Deciding on the company and contractor application presented through the Directorate of Classification in accordance with the provisions of Regulation Number (1) of (2007). The minister of planning will approve committee’s decision in a ministerial order.